Shabby

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Hail!

Woke up with a shock in the middle of last night to this loud clattering on the windows. I looked out and saw that it was raining. Were the drops so large that they were clattering? Then I realised Hail! hail! (hehehe! I couldn't help that).

It's the first time I am actually seeing hail. Hence the excitement...I know that it can be rather dangerous. They only fell for about less than one minute and then it became normal rain. In five minutes, there wasn't even rain anymore. Even though it was 4.30am, I got out of bed and went out to the balcony to see if I could get any pictures.

The hail stones looked like little balls of ice - something like Mini Melt ice-cream. A few of my little plantlets got a bit knocked about I think so I took them into the house for safety. :)

Just for info, read here for how hail is formed.


Hail on the floor & flower pot Posted by Picasa


Closer up Posted by Picasa

No comments: