Shabby

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A new recipe

Today I tried out this recipe I saw on Jamie Oliver's cooking show. I have no idea what it is named, but it's a Thai style baked fish recipe. His shows are all very inspiring since now I usually cook dinner and sometimes I run out of ideas.

Steps
Put garlic, ginger, chilli, coriander and lemongrass in a food processor and blend it all together (he actually used a mortar and pestle which I don't have, hence, the food processor, since it does get somewhat to the end product). The result is a fabulous smelling mix! Add coconut milk and some soy sauce and mix all together. Dollop the mix over fish fillet, wrap it up in aluminium foil (he actually used banana leaves which I don't think I can find here) and bake at 200 degrees for 15-20 mins until cooked.

Note that there doesn't seem to be any measurements for the ingredients. Jamie Oliver sort of just throws everything together so it is just based on gut feel and estimation there :)

Mine didn't turn out too badly :) Felt like something you would order in a Thai restaurant (don't play play ok)...

No comments: