Shabby

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Chinese New Year in Melbourne

After a yum cha lunch with Charli and Johnny today, we all took a walk down Little Bourke Street where all the action was happening. There were lots of people!


Walking down Chinatown Posted by Picasa

There was a dragon/lion dance happening at the junction of Little Bourke Street and Russell Street. Firecrackers added to the atmosphere. Being in Singapore my whole life, I have never actually seen real firecrackers going off because they are banned for safety reasons. They are really loud! Couldn't really stand the loud noise without covering my ears. So the pictures of the Dragon & Lion dances were taken by Darlink because I couldn't possibly be taking pictures with my hands on my ears :P


Chinese New Year in Melbourne Posted by Picasa

Look at more pictures in my flickr box on the left under "My Pictures"!

No comments: