Shabby

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Scones


The process Posted by Picasa

Attempted to bake scones today after seeing the recipe online a few days ago. I think it didn't turn out too badly. I made tiny bite-sized ones because I think the large ones are usually too much to handle at one go. The only thing is I don't know if that will make them become harder once they cool down (I haven't tried it cold) but they were yummy just coming out of the oven.

INGREDIENTS
2 cups self raising flour
¼ tsp salt
1 dessertspoon icing sugar
1 heaped tbsp milk powder
30g butter
¾ cup water

METHOD

Sift dry ingredients, rub in butter, add water and gently mix by cutting through with a knife.

Work quickly into a dough on a floured bench. Flatten out into a 1.5cm-high rectangle on a lightly floured or greased scone tray.

Cut into squares with knife or pizza cutter or rounds with scone-cutter and place on top shelf of very hot oven (230-240C) for about 10-12 minutes.

No comments: