Shabby

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Pancake day

Today is Pancake Day and also Shrove Tuesday which is the day before Ash Wednesday. This day came about as in the past there were feasts of pancakes to use up the supplies of fat, butter and eggs... foods that were forbidden during Lent which is a period of fasting.

In any case, pancakes are one of my favourite foods so I decided to go down to the City Square to see the Pancake Day festivities that were being held there. There was a police band playing and tents with pancakes for sale. There was also going to be a pancake tossing race but I didn't stay for too long. Didn't want to be under the noon sun...:P


Walking pancake Posted by Picasa

Inspired to have pancakes, I headed to AIX Cafe Creperie Salon to get my lunch - a crepe is similar to a pancake anyway :). Got a roasted peach with amaretto and ricotta crepe...Yummy!


My lunch Posted by Picasa

No comments: