Saturday, January 08, 2011
Green tea panna cotta
Been seeing so many panna cotta recipes around I decided to give it try. This is adapted from all the different recipes I've seen.
* 4 leaves gelatine
* 50g caster sugar
* 1 cup milk
* 1 cup cream
* 1 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Place the gelatine leaves in a bowl and cover in cold water. Stand for 5 minutes and once soft, using hands squeeze out all excess liquid.
2. Combine the sugar, milk and cream in a small saucepan over a low heat, add the vanilla extract and matcha powder and allow to simmer for 4-8 minutes. Add the gelatine and continue to whisk to create a thicker smooth mixture. Cool slightly.
3. Pour the mixture into small ramekins and place in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or until set.