Shabby

Monday, June 08, 2009

Macadamia & chocolate chip cookies


Haven't baked anything in a long while so I thought I'd do some baking today since it is a holiday. Saw this recipe on the Masterchef forums and I was quite tempted because there is a particular brand of macadamia and white chocolate chip cookies that I really like which I can only get from the Magnolia Square fairs. I only did a half-sized batch (which already got me 41 cookies) and used chocolate chips since I had those at home. They are yummy!

Ingredients:
400 gm White Chocolate
340 gm Macadamias
225 gm Butter at room temperature
225 gm Brown sugar
170 gm Granulated sugar
1 tsp Salt
3 Eggs
60 ml Honey
2 tsp Vanilla extract.
510 gm Plain flour.
1.5 tsp Baking Soda.

Method:
Chop the chocolate and nuts coarsely and set aside.

Mix together the butter, sugars and salt until well combined.

Add the eggs, honey and vanilla and mix until combined.

Sift the flour and baking soda in and mix until combined.

Stir in the chocolate and nuts.

Portion the mixture out using heaped dessert spoonfuls. Roll the portions into balls using the palms of your hands and press down slightly on a baking tray lined with baking paper.

Bake at 175C for 15 minutes.

No comments: