Shabby

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cupcakes

Decided to bake us some cupcakes for breakfast as I am tired of having bread. Tested out a recipe from the Masterchef forums again! Hehehe! But I made some modifications to it too.

Ingredients: -
100g unsalted butter, softened
185g caster sugar (I used soft brown sugar, no caster sugar at home)
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
2 eggs
200g self-raising flour (I used wholemeal self-raising flour because that is what I have)
1/2 cup (125ml) milk

Method: -
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160C fan-forced). Line muffin pans with paper cases of your choice.

2. Beat butter and sugar until pale. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until just combined. Add vanilla extract. Add the flour and milk in alternate batches and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.

3. Spoon some mixture into paper cases. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Decorate as desired.


Yum yum! I added some cocoa powder and chocolate shavings.

No comments: