Sunday, October 15, 2006
Came across a recipe for choux puffs in a magazine yesterday. It looked quite easy. I never actually wondered how they were made but now I know and I have tried it out too! I can make my own Beard Papa puffs! Hehehe! :)
* 100ml water
* 100ml milk
* 80g butter, cut into small pieces
* 1 tsp sugar
* 1 tsp salt
* 120g plain flour
* 3 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 230 degrees.
2. Place water, milk, sugar, salt and butter in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until boiling.
3. Add flour and stir quickly with a wooden spoon over low heat for about 5 mins or until mixture leaves sides of the pan. Let mixture cool slightly for about 5 mins.
4. Slowly add eggs and stir with a wooden spoon until mixture is smooth and elastic.
5. Place tablespoons of mixture on baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 6-8 mins or until puffed, then reduce temperature to 180 degrees and bake for a further 12-15 mins until cooked inside.