Shabby

Saturday, June 04, 2011

Birthday 2011

Another birthday! Doesn't time fly?
This year, I thought we'd take a little trip out to Daylesford since we haven't gone anywhere out of Melbourne in ages.
With my birthday being on a Saturday, it turned out to be a great day to go as there was a farmers' market and makers' market going on as well.

We got there in 1 hour 15 mins which was much shorter than expected. First stop was the farmers' market where we bought cookies, spicy fruit bread, mushrooms, the most beautiful veggies and a bunch of multicoloured carrots! Really nice stuff there!




Then we headed to the makers' market to admire handmade crafty stuff. I got rocky road in various flavours and a yummy bag of brownie offcuts.

We wandered around the nice little shops around town centre. There are quite a number of antique, curios and collectible shops here! I found a nice bunch of vintage fabric and I couldn't help myself.


Lunch was a nice meal at a vegetarian cafe/bakery where I also got a nice loaf of walnut bread and a cherry pastry. Yum!

All in all, it was a nice day out! Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes and pressies!

Pressies from Mammo and Mathilda - first lot

Update - 6 June

Cake baked by Laura over the weekend for me! :) So nice!


Birthday lilies have exploded open today too!

No comments: