Friday, December 11, 2009
Cranberry, chocolate honeycomb biscuits
With Christmas around the corner, there are lots of nice recipes popping up in all the newspapers. These sounded so yummy I had to try them out.
125g unsalted butter
150g soft brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
200g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100 white chocolate, chopped
60g dried cranberries
60g chopped Violet Crumble
2 tbs water
* Cream butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract beating until thoroughly combined. Using a metal spoon, stir in flour sifted with baking powder, chocolate, cranberries, Violet Crumble and water. Mix well.
* Form mixture into a thick roll. Wrap in cling wrap and screw ends tightly to make a plump sausage. Label and freeze.
* Preheat the oven to 185C. Line baking trays with baking paper.
* To use, leave at room temperature to soften slightly then pinch off pieces of dough and roll into small balls the size of large marbles. Arrange on baking trays, allowing space for spreading during cooking and flatten slightly.
* Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Leave on baking trays for 2-3 minutes then remove to a rack to cool and crisp. When cold, store in an airtight container.
I didn't freeze all of the dough because I couldn't wait to bake some so I've got some to eat now and some in the freezer for later :)